Since 2016, Active West Lancs has been working to give people of all ages the opportunity to embrace a healthier lifestyle. Our fully inclusive service includes health walks and community events, school activities, family workshops and after-school clubs, community gardening, a revamped ‘activity referral’ scheme, weight
management courses, taster and physical activity sessions.
We have been running a wide range of activities across various settings such as leisure centres, community centres, parks and outdoor facilities, schools and community allotments in a bid to get our community more active. Here’s what Active West Lancs has been doing:
- over 2000 adults and over 7000 primary school children have completed a targeted 12 week physical or Weight Management intervention programme.
- 1000’s of West Lancs residents have been reached with early intervention activities
- there have been over 300 community activity sessions linked to Active West Lancs in Year 3 alone
- around 2700 children have taken part in mass participation events over the last 3 years including park Triathlons, World Cup tournaments etc
- over 4000 people pledged a mile in one day during our #yourmileyourway event in May 2018
Our programme funder, Lancashire County Council, is currently making decisions on what programmes to fund from 2020 onwards as there it does not have the resources to continue to deliver everything it has done in the past. The County Council would therefore welcome your views on the Active West Lancs programme.
Please give your views by April 15th by going to: https://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/consultation/responses/response.asp?ID=365