Working in partnership with West Lancashire Borough Council Ranger Service, Active West Lancs is offering the opportunity to come along and help us shape Tawd Valley Park into the wonderful haven for people and wildlife it has the potential to be.
There will be a rolling programme of activities and tasks where you can learn new skills in a friendly social environment. Tasks vary with the seasons but will include:
- Woodland Management (tree thinning, pruning)
- Vegetation control (pulling/slashing/strimming)
- Environmental improvements (river clearance, litter picking)
- Path clearance and creation (cutting back, digging, shovelling, installing edging and steps)
- Pond clearance and maintenance (Planting, tree removal)
- Orchard creation (planting, pruning)
- Hedgerow creation and maintenance (planting, pruning, laying)
When : Every Friday and first Saturday of the month (starting October 6th)
Meet: 10am at the turning circle at the end of Summer Street, Skelmersdale WN8 6XJ
Please arrive promptly as task location will vary from meeting point. No experience or existing skills required as full instruction and guidance will be provided.
To refer onto these sessions, please complete our Self Referral form and return to Active West Lancs (address on form)